Thursday, July 17, 2014

Story of My Life . . .

This week was amazing in a way that would sound rather insignificant to anyone who didn't live every minute of it, but it brought out all the joys of missionary work and a whole lot of happiness. Not exactly what you wanted to hear after the two very unedifying emails I recently sent butttttt I'm sorry!
 
I can basically sum up the week by saying: The Lord has given us no greater gift then the priesthood, My ward is the best, I LOVE the Garcia family, and it feels good to know people care.  So story time! On Friday, after walking around for 7 hours in the good old sun and heat of Mexico (have I mentioned before or recently that this body doesn't do/was not made for heat) I was feeling a little loopy and quite out of it.  I asked my comp if we could actually sit down for a sec....and then I bought 600 ml of powerade and drank it all in one sip.....my comp was a little worried.  That night I went to bed as soon as possible because the world was spinning like crazy and I was hoping I could just sleep it off a little.  Saturdays in the mission are kind of like reminder days, where we pass by all of our investigators and as many Menus Activos as we possibly can, and just hopefully help them remember to come to church and why it's so important.  After four hours of that we took a break for lunch because we didn't have comida with anyone.  Turns out we were both not feeling too hot but trying to keep going for the other.  It was extremely hard to pick ourselves off the ground to get back out there and get to work.  We made it to one more house before we called it quits and spent the rest of the day in bed.  There is no worse feeling then being a missionary unable to do work.  I don't think I've ever felt so worthless in my life.  I just watched the time fall by and couldn't stop thinking of all the people I could be seeing while I lay helplessly on my bed.  Turns out I had a 101 fever.....and a number of other problems.  We quickly sent an SOS out to a ton of members of our ward to see who could stop by to give me a priesthood blessing.  Sadly, this week was our ward´s trip to the temple. Basically our entire ward was on the bus, BUT THEN really cool things started happening.  We called Hermana Hurtado, who was on the bus, who stood up and announced to the whole bus that I needed help and to see if anyone could stop by for us.  In the next 10 minutes we recieved calls from all the amazing members of our ward who live in our area apologizing that their husbands and sons weren't home from the temple yet but they'd love to stop by if we needed anything.  I can only imagine how many fabulous prayers were sent out in behalf of Hermana Neuberger.  Our amazing ward mission leader, Mohommad, wanted to leave work early and come over.  He called about 5 times and kept trying to crack jokes cause he hated, "the voice that couldn't be Hermana Happy´s" that was coming out of the phone.  The Garcia family ended up coming to our aid.  They didn't have the chance to go to the temple with the rest of the ward because of work conflicts so they all showed up as nurses and fabulous priesthood holders.  My fever broke around 5 am so I was ready to go to church at 9, a little exhausted, but super happy and grateful for all the fabulous people in my life.
 
Basically moral of the story is that there's no greater thing then a priesthood blessing.  I'm so very grateful for the fact that I always have had three worthy priesthood holders in my home who could give me a blessing in a moments notice if I needed it.  I'm also extremely grateful for all the worthy priesthood holders I know out at school who are constantly there in our time of need and worthily carrying their priesthood.  It truly is a gift given by a loving Heavenly Father for our benefit.  I love what my comp said this week about how its impossible to put your hands on your own head, meaning that you can't bless yourself.  The priesthood can only work when it's used to bless others.
 
I also love my ward!!!! I love all the good people of Mexico who keep me smiling and just go out of their way to serve.  There are so many amazing families and people here that I thank the Lord everyday that I have had the opportunity to meet.  This work is truly the work of salvation and I feel truly blessed that the Lord saw fit to put me in a place where I could have a chance to get to know them all.
 
Thanks for your stories, your prayers, and your joy,
Love you all,
Hermana Neub
P.S. FINALLY MADE IT TO TOTALAPAN (where no missionaries have walked before)!!!!!!!! No one has ever heard of our church and it was just awesome, giddy, and kind of like a dream :D


 

No comments:

Post a Comment