Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Trust In The Lord

17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

Sun light shining in a cave below the pyramids
Well I know it was quite a roller coaster week last week but this week was a lot of waiting and holding on tight to see if the roller coaster would end and Id be able to walk off unharmed.  Luckily that's what Heavenly Father had for me in mind as well.  Jose is still in the hospital, after a week, but is only still beating due to machines and has been that way for about 5 days.  His family wants to disconnect him so they can just end the suffering, but the government can't do that due to the free healthcare and other laws.  Its really sad, but we had the chance to say goodbye to him before he went into coma and Chynoweth even made it to his bedside which was the greatest thing ever for me because that's her convert.  So for me everything in the end was all right and we know that José's already going to work as a missionary, looking for his dear mother.  We saw Lucio on Monday and he told us that the final decision wouldn't be made till Wednesday (waited till Wednesday with way way way too much stress!!!!) and then the decision didn't come till Thursday! But if I had known the decision was going to turn out that perfectly I could have waited a life time to hear it! He came up to us in the street Thursday and told us, "Hermanas, IT'S A MIRACLE!" He then informed us that at the trial the lady who was accusing him had settled for 5 thousand pesos and nothing else.  That's 40 thousand pesos less then what she had been arguing for the last three weeks! And with that settled the case is closed closed closed, in the form that in can never ever ever nunca jamas be revisited....and I cried tears of joy! So baptism ready, font soon to be filled, and another son of God ready to enter into the fold!

Making friends with the cicadas
On Saturday we went to go teach Lucio about baptism a little more and why we get baptized.  We started explaining it, he cut us off, finished explaining it way better then I could have, and then said "yeah I know that, it's all here in the book. What's tithing? And how can I start paying it? The Lord has truly blessed me more then I can imagine lately and I need to show him that I understand its all thanks to him!" .......can you be any more of a miracle Lucio?!?!? I don't think I've ever met anyone before who is so excited to pay tithing.

We also started teaching Margarit this week and found that her family situation is way more complicated then we thought.  Her children literally hate her and don't talk to her...despite the fact that they're all above the age of 20, still living at her house with their families, and she is basically sustaining all 5 of them with her next to nothing income.  It's really sad, but we started trying to be friends with all of her children this week, and it worked! Because Sunday they ALL came to church and loved it! I just love how much the gospel can truly strengthen and bless families in more ways then we can imagine if we first just open our hearts!

A little fun in a children's park
More then anything my heart is full and my humility is that much greater! I know with all the surety of my heart that there is no greater or more perfect plan then that of our Heavenly Father.  If we do our part, He will work out the rest.  Our joy is greater when the trials take our faith, but we are given more faith to overcome, more faith to endure only if we put our full confidence in Him.  I know that everything that we have passed through has not only strengthened my faith but has also blessed the lives of Lucio and has allowed His faith in God to grow 100 fold.  Heavenly Father knows us. He loves us. He truly created the universe, the solar system, every life form here on this earth. But more then anything He is our Father and His arms will always be there to encircle us, no matter the circumstance, because to Him we are everything!

Love to Everyone,

Hermana Neuberger


No comments:

Post a Comment