Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Half Way . . . No Way!

Wow I just got done reading probably the greatest grouping of emails I think I've ever received and just about all of them said the same thing, "I miss you like crazy! When are you coming back?!" SURPRISE!!!!!! It's November, I'll be back soooo soon that it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I past my halfway mark last week and now I'm in the home stretch wishing I could add about 30 more hours to each day cause I feel like there is never enough time to accomplish everything.

'just like to say that Tepoztlan has to be one of the greatest areas to ever be in, literally there is never a lull in the work there is to do! Better then anything else is how blessed we are to have some of the most amazing investigators EVER! Sadly we've currently been having some problems in our branch so Hna Hernandez and I have been talking with President Kusch and that leads to my greatest story ever of the week.  We were walking some back streets in Tepoztlan at about 8 pm when we received a phone call.  The other sisters had already called about 10 times because they were trying to meet up with us for divisions but just kept getting lost, so we assumed it was them.  I answered the phone with a quick "Bueno" and was shocked out of my mind when I heard the voice of President on the other side.  "Hermana Neuberger.  I've been thinking, it's been a super long time since I visited Tepoztlan, like almost 2 years, so I think I'm going to come to your branch tomorrow.  How do I get there?" (In my mind: WHAT!?!?!) In reality: "Okay President that sounds great!" The best part was that about 20 minutes later we received another phone call informing us that we would be the two people speaking in sacrament meeting (oh joy).  We decided to let the whole thing be a surprise for the other sisters so when they showed up to church the next day the president would be there.  Basically that whole night my comp was so giddy I thought she was going to ruin the surprise.

We were walking the next morning and saw President's car turning onto the street where the church is and my comp started jumping up and down she was just so psyched. Safe to say it was quite hilarious.  President accidentally passed the church (house of prayer) so we made it there before him.  We went to put our stuff down in the chapel and I stopped dead in my tracks because there was none other then MOHO, my old ward mission leader from Oaxtepec.  We both had a moment of freak outs aka "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?!?" "WOW BEST DAY EVER!!!" I then spent about 10 minutes before church, 10 minutes before Sunday School, and 30 minutes after church asking about everything, investigators, converts, the ward, families I love, and how the missionaries are doing.  I was super sad to hear that the missionaries currently have about zero investigators because they only work in our area for 2 days a week and then are on divisions in other areas every other day.  I guess that's what happens when the AP sister training leaders take your place, but according to Moho, the ward is ticked and want us back (it made me feel a little good). Anyway, I felt like my talk was a bunch of stammered words, but everyone really liked it.  Moho was laughing forever afterwards because of how nervous I was...apparently I was shaking, but HELLO my mission president was sitting behind me on the stand!!!! It was just an amazing Sunday and yet another amazing start to a new week.

So I just love general conference more then anything else and recently found two talks that I think are just incredible.  The first is by Presidente Uchtdorf that talks about Regrets and Resolutions.  He points out three things that most people regret at the end of their lives; not spending enough time with my family, not reaching my full potential, not letting myself be happy.  But the part about the talk I love the most is how President Uchtdorf teaches that all of these things that we can regret in the future are affected by choices we make in this moment.  Right now is when we need to be spending time with our family, right now we need to try our best everyday and then in the future we can accomplish what we want to become BUT, more then anything, WE CAN CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY.  Despite everything there is ALWAYS a reason to be happy and when we find it we should keep it close to our heart so when the hard times come we can remember and continue to be happy through it all! All of this reminded me of a Holland talk about the disciples after the death of Christ. Elder Holland expressed what the Lord may have said, "What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world." Truly our message is something that can change the world and it can change the world everyday by the manner in which we share it.  We can choose to live the gospel, to live the things we know to be true, and this will cause us to be happy.  I know that to be true!!! The more and more we live the gospel each day, really really live it, the happier we will be!!

Choose to be happy this week,
Look for the good in every moment,
Hermana Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment