Friday, August 29, 2014

That's The Way We Do It

First I like to start off by mentioning: If you're not in a place where you can eat pan dulce everyday, I feel sorry for you.  If you're not in a place where quesadillas and gorditas are cooking on every corner, I'll shed a tear for you.  If you're not in a place where elotes are a big deal and chiceronies make people happy, that's just sad.  BUT if you're not in a place where people make you pozoli, WELL you might want to consider moving! I love the people here.  There's a family that doesn't actually live in Oaxtepec, they come in every weekend from the district, and feed us once a month and the hermana remembered how much we love pozoli and made us HUGE bowls of some of the most rico comida I've ever eaten in my life!!! Plus this family is just like my own in that they have more desserts to offer then anyone else I know.  Basically it's safe to say I'm not starving, which brings me to my next point. If you're not currently surrounded by people who every time they give you a hug also compliment you on how much weight you've lost.....even though its the biggest lie EVER....then you certaintly aren't enjoying Mexico (the greatest place in the world!!!!)

Last week we found out that our beautiful, grand area was on the "President is Super Worried About These Areas" list (who even knew that existed!? Tanner Stutz: WHY DIDNT YOU WARN ME!?! ;D) Luckily Sis. Ferb and I have the same mind set and weren't about being on that list again so we worked harder then hard this week.  Why harder then hard you ask, because we always work really hard.  To the people who think I'm out here on vacation, guess again.  I'm pretty sure I've never walked so much in my life!!! But this week we hit the pavement like never before and the results put a smile on my face every time I think about them.  Were trying to discover if we currently broke some mission record with our  91 lessons taught.  I hit my pillow every night and was out soooo fast, but there was never a moment that was not worth it.  Every night when we had a spare 20 minutes after a lesson we ran to another house for a quick 10 minute lesson and then ran home before the sun finished setting.  Sunday morning we had the joy of seeing the fruits of our labors as 13 people (5 ninos) made it to church and just loved it!  Our ward was amazing and jumped right in to befriend everybody and make sure that not a single one of them did have somebody to talk to.  Wow, it was a blessing beyond blessings after 3 weeks in a row of empty pews.  The whole thing was a reconfirmation of how important our work is. Missions truly are the refiners fire.  They test your patience more then you can imagine, but then in the end they're soooo worth it that you can't stop smiling because you are so lit with joy.

Yes its true that I might be leaving this beautiful area, the only area that I know, next week....but I don't want to even think about or dwell on that right now.  For now i just want to rejoice in the joy and blessing of being here to experience nothing but happiness!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment