Monday, January 19, 2015

Sugar Overload

This week is easily summarized by the things that always bring a huge smile to my face; Chocolate, children, testimonies, and baptism!

To begin this week I received not one, not two, not three, BUT FOUR packages from that fabulous mother of mine (they never arrived for Christmas).  Now if you know Mama N you know that her packages are not normal.  Pretty sure the post office is still trying to create a regulation that will not allow her to pack her own boxes, because the amount of stuff that is in a Mama N box is beyond crazy. So just imagine 4 packages worth of candy then make that 10 packages worth and you might come close to the amount of candy I received.  I just started handing it out to all the missionaries in my zone and ended up with one box....of all the best stuff that was "unsharable".  During ward council I gave away more candy and then the children stole my heart and I gave away a ton more.  Though it sounds like I gave away A LOT, and lets be honest, I DID, we have to remember that this was 40 pounds of chocolate sooooooo the sugar hangover has been SUPER intense! I have the greatest mom on the face of the earth :)

Saturday we had a chance to be the missionaries to lead Josefa Garcia Lopez into the waters of baptism.  We met her our second Sunday and thought she was a member  because she has 4 years attending church.  She never had the chance to get baptized because she wasn't married and her "husband" didn't want to get married.  Due to some tragic events the road was cleared and she could now be baptized like she's always wanted.  I'm pretty sure she has one of the strongest testimonies of the gospel that I've ever heard.  She was overjoyed that Hermanas were called back in Chilpo and were the ones "baptizing her" because the first missionaries to teach her four years ago were hermanas! For the baptismal service my comp and I sang "Oh My Father" mixed with "Lead Kindly Light" and it was fabulous, the least I could do for such an amazing woman.  The light in her eyes was just incredible....wow what a baptism!!! The members were also laughing super hard about all the little details that we had in order and kept smiling and shaking their heads saying, "only hermanas" ;)

Also this week we had the chance to teach Lady for the first time (and I was on splits with Hermana Sturt so it was basically the greatest day of my life!), talk about beyond prepared.  She has around three months attending church, but has never been taught by the missionaries so we're trying to teach in more a question way because she knows a ton and has a huge desire to be baptized before the end of the month so her sister will still be here to see.  Another of our investigators got her answer this week that the church was true! We received a reference from the Galeana ward of an investigator that's been attending the wrong ward for a month that's ready to be baptized! And a 12 year old bore her testimony to us this week at church and we were like wow that's so great....then she asked, "so can I be baptized?!"....wait what....I guess we could pencil that in! The work here is just incredible!!! The members are amazing and just bend over backwards to help us!

This Sunday, my comp and I were leading Josefa's kids to their classes when we entered only to find a room of about 12 kids without a teacher.  BUT, unlike most kids in this same situation, they were all seated, had offered an opening prayer and were singing an opening song.  My natural love for children came out, plus the fact that I knew all of them and loved them even more, and I asked if we could teach them.  There was a resounding yes and then it was spur of the moment games and activities where we talked about the roll of God, Cristo, y El Espiritu Santo.....basically it was the most fun thing ever and all the kids were soooo happy. Basically I couldn't stop laughing the entire time and when the primary president knocked on the door to tell the teacher that there was only five minutes left, she was first surprised to find the missionaries teaching and then the resounding "NOOOOOOOO WE DONT WANT TO GO TO PRIMARY!!!" that the kids screamed out! 

I'm just so grateful for all the people who are surrounding me, the crazy amount of ready people here and the great growth that I receive everyday when I put my faith in the Lord.  I don't think I've ever been happier in my life and I'm trying to make all those around me fully aware of the joy they bring to my life and how happy I am for each of them!

So much love,
Hermana Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment