Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sunday Will Come

I think the safest bet for starting out this letter is to point out that Travis Neuberger is right about just about everything.  The bad's do fade and the good's just get that much sweeter.  If you had asked me how my week was at any time during the week you might have received tears of sorrow BUT Saturday was life changing and Sunday blew my mind away so much that I truly can't remember why this week was so hard.  So many blessings, so many miracles!!!!
On the plus side the members, and all my favorite children, were on an extra effort to make me smile.  I LOVE the boys in the street who always pass me the soccer ball when I walk by so I can join the game for five seconds.  It always leaves them shaking their heads and laughing, but it makes my day! So with me trying extra hard to make all of them smile and it was a good time for a lot of laughs....plus i gained 5 new bracelets and a thousand hugs :)

I guess I'll just start the with the most amazing moments of the week....basically Saturday....and well just go from there.  Saturday so many amazing things happened but I think the best thing of all was the story of Fernando.  We had received the reference from the other sisters in our ward and it only had a name, a street, and a little note about him but since our plans fell through, and I'm the one who knows the area, I had to quickly make something up.  Moho was with us and we found the street just fine but then everyone turned to me as if i knew some secret information or something...Heavenly Father help me was all I had.  We started walking down this creepy new street, in the dark, with no house number or last name to go off of and it was safe to say i was praying like crazy.  When we came to house number 9 I stopped and said this was the house (shot in the dark right there).  An old man came to the door, not at all to friendly and asked who we were looking for.  He almost seemed like he was testing us when he asked for the last name of Fernando and how we knew him.  We explained that we were missionaries and a huge smile came across his face.  Fernando ended up being his grandson and EVEN BETTER, his son happened to be the MA Jaime that we had met on the street a few days before and promised to visit.  STRAIGHT UP MIRACLE!!!! My comp is officially convinced that I'm Nephi.

We went to bed Saturday night with high hopes and joyful spirits not knowing what the morning would bring but really excited that we would have a chance to go to church.  OH and not just go to church, but in a NEW church building!!!! That part had me really psyched cause I've forgotten what AC feels like. Sunday morning nobody showed up to where we were waiting in the arcs but a sweet older member picked us up in her taxi and took us to the church.  My eyes were so big and I basically felt like I was seeing a castle.  Our new church is officially the prettiest church I've ever seen, easily the best in Mexico, and actually has carpet and pews!!! Did I mention it was beautiful!?!?!  We walked into the chapel to find 13 of our "less actives" there and it filled me with an incredible amount of joy! They all waved and wanted to talk to us so we were running around trying to shake everyone's hands with the little time we had before the meeting started.  We only had one investigator there, sitting with her member friend, but I was thrilled that she could make it. Alexis was suppose to bless the sacrament this week for his first time ever, but the meeting started and he was nowhere to be found :(  AND THEN that Sunday became the happiest Sunday of my life.  Out of nowhere one of our investigators showed up, AND THEN the family of five. There were no more seats left, but the bishop came off the stand and shifted some people and then ushered them over to a pew...all while sacrament continued.  AND THEN Alexis showed up; white shirt, Tie, AND DRESS PANTS!!!!!!! I guess I really can,t describe to you guys why that makes me so happy, but it's more of the person that he's becoming then what he's wearing it;s safe to say....it just happens to be showing on the outside now.  AND THEN I turned around for just a second and noticed not just Alexis´mom sitting in the back but ALSO his dad!!! I don't even know when the last time Hermano Sandoval attended church was, but I know he hasn't in the last 4 months.  AND THEN at the end of Sacrament meeting Adrianna and her niece Andrea came running up to me to let us know that Andrea's dad had finally given his answer and she could be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously one of the top 10 best moments and more joy then I can explain.  She was so happy and I quickly ran around and made sure that the news was announced in every class.  AND THEN during gospel principles ISRAEL SANDOVAL walked through the door, Alexis' extremely wayward brother.  I was so blown away I gasped, I just couldn't help myself!!! I was on cloud 109 to say the least!


The quote that I couldn't get out of my mind this week was Sunday Will Come.  I can't remember who gave the conference talk, but it's safe to say that was the summary of my week.  It was easily the roughest week thus far but now all I remember is straight joy and happiness and bliss that I've never felt before.  I've always looked forward to Sundays, but now even more then ever I'm aware that the week is never complete until we experience the joys of Sunday.  For me its both an end and a beginning to the week and there is truly nothing better!! I cant wait to see what this week brings!

Love,

Hermana Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment